I created this recipe after my lovely friend (and loyal follower of the blog) Lucie wanted something for her daughter, who is allergic to eggs.
Although eggs are often seen as a staple ingredient in cakes, there are lots of great alternatives.
If you’re reading this recipe in real time then you’ll know that eggs, like many things are in…short supply.
The great thing about this recipe is how easy it is. You should already have most of the ingredients in the kitchen.
You’ll need a muffin/cupcake tin.
- 225g/8oz plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100g/4oz chocolate chips (or broken pieces of chocolate)
- 150g/5oz caster sugar
- 60g/2oz butter
- 225ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 apples – peeled, cored and chopped.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line your muffin tin with cupcake cases.
- Cream together the sugar and butter.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon and baking powder into the mixture a little bit at a time, alternately with the milk.
- Pour in the fruit and chocolate. Mix it and then spoon into muffin cases.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden brown.
Do you have any egg-free recipes you’d like me to try? As always I’d love to hear from you. You can request them here on the blog or on Instagram at theleopardprintbaker.