As soon as March arrives I start to think about spring, the warmer weather and bright early mornings. Yes I know, I’m a dreamer.
I also start to use a lot more fruit in my baking, especially berries.
This Raspberry Cream Pie is is a lovely zesty dessert option. I personally like it with ice cream!
- 150g/6oz margarine/butter
- 200g/7oz brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- Grated zest of half a lemon
- 200g/7oz plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 150g/6oz raspberries
- 250ml sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Grease a 9-inch (24cm) pie dish or a tin with a removable bottom.
- Mix the margarine/butter with 150g/7oz of the sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat in one the eggs and the lemon zest. Then sift the flour, baking powder and salt over it. Combine everything to a smooth batter.
- Spoon the batter in the pie dish. Make sure the bottom and the walls of the pan are covered in an even layer of batter. Bake the crust for ten minutes and the return the dish on the counter.
- Lower the heat to 180 C.
- Spread the raspberries over the crust. Then whip the sour cream with the rest of the brown sugar, the other egg and the vanilla extract into an even, smooth mixture. Pour this mixture over the raspberries.
- Bake the pie for 30 mins. Then turn off the oven, but allow the pie to cool for another 15 mins. Then bring out of the oven and cool the pie for a little bit longer.
- I’d recommend serving this with a scoop (or two!) of vanilla ice cream.