This is quite a special recipe for me, as it is the one that lead to starting The Leopard Print Baker. Those eagle-eyed readers among you may remember me humbly bragging about a party guest who told me these cookies were the one of the best things he’d ever eaten, which eventually lead to me wanting to share my baking tips on a blog. Don’t remember? That’s ok, I’ve just reminded you again.
There are so many glorious things about this recipe.
For a start, it is great for people with allergies as it is completely dairy and gluten free.
Also it only has THREE INGREDIENTS. It’s so simple that you don’t need any special skills, utensils or kitchen space to give it a go.
- 200g/7 oz peanut butter
- 175g/6 oz caster sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 180 C or gas mark 4.
- Line your baking tray with greaseproof butter
- Mix all three ingredients together and stir
- Make small (walnut shape) balls out of the mix, and place on the greaseproof paper – don’t worry if it’s sticky, that’s all part of the fun!
- Leave in the oven for about 15/20 mins until the cookies look golden. This is probably the most tricky part to get right as you don’t want to leave them for too long. Take them out of the oven and leave to cool for a good 10 mins before removing them from the paper. Best served on their own or with a nice cuppa.